Kaiser Permanente’s Mobile Application Portfolio presents the different types of mobile applications the MCoE has supported to date.
This collection enables high quality, affordable healthcare through mobility solutions for 3 audiences:
- Consumer Applications
The Consumer suite is designed to help KP members “Thrive”. These applications are available on the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the KP App Store.
- Provider Applications
The Provider suite enables our medical staff to administer the best care to our members. These applications are available on the KP App Store via KP-managed devices.
- Workforce Applications
The Workforce suite supports mobile productivity for KP employees. These applications are available on the KP App Store via KP-managed devices.
- Custom – New application developed and maintained for KP, by KP. Beginning with a qualified idea, custom applications are conceptualized, then built with in-house design and development teams to support the organization’s mobility strategy.
- White Label – Vendor-sourced, existing application with KP branding and UX/UI customizations.
- Third Party – Turnkey, existing application for distribution to KP network. These mobile applications have been designed and developed outside of KP and are used to enhance KP productivity.
- Production “Grade A” (live) for a general or restricted audience
- Pilot “Grade B” (limited) for a small, focused audience
- Proof-of-concept “Grade C” for proofs and testing
- Probation “Grade D” for applications rated below 3 stars
- KP App Store (requires Safari)
- Apple App Store, plus Apple B2B solutions, too
- Google Play Store
- MC40 (Motorola’s handheld devices for medical professionals only)
- Plus, side-loading options that accommodate size restrictions
Additional Portfolio Details
Application Grades and Deployment Types
Consumer, Provider, and Workforce applications may have restricted access and can be delivered:
|On iOS devices||As a Pilot application|
|On Android devices||As a Production application|
Within each category – Custom, White Label and Third Party – application grades may be:
Mobile applications may be deployed through these distribution avenues:
Engage with the MCoE to create, certify and deliver innovative and compelling mobile applications that contribute to Kaiser Permanente’s mobility strategy.