Mobile Days – Day 4 Recap
December 2021: Article by Maranda Smith, Engagement Manager and Ken Ballinger, Engagement Manager
The 2021 MCoE Mobile Days was a virtual 4-day event that was held December 7-10th. Over 3,500 business and IT partners across the enterprise were invited to join us for a lineup of MCoE leadership keynote presentations, external speakers and core services participants for attendees to learn more about our services, KP’s Mobile offerings and how this translates into the newly emerging consumer taxonomy.
Our final voyage was opened with Gustavo Pospischel, VP of Experience Engineering with his reflection on the 28+ presentations during the week and a rapid fire QA sessions. The Engagement and Certification Director, Ketil Jensen discussed key wins for the MCoE and market trends impacting the future of mobile apps. Kristen Roby Demlow, VP from Microsoft joined us with ten lessons they took away from the shifts their workforce took during the pandemic. The day wrapped after the certified app showcase presentations of six business application owners from KP Health Ally, KP Health Partner, OptiKam, Product Scan, iHub, KP Educational Theatre, and KLM Digital Casting
- (11:01) Opening remarks from Gustavo Pospischel, VP Experience Engineering
- (31:19) Apps Keynote by Ketil Jensen, MCoE Director of Engagement and Certification Management
- (53:39) Ten Lessons We Will Take Away from the Pandemic by Kristen Roby Dimlow, Corporate VP at Microsoft
- (1:51:00) KP Health Ally by Lisa Buckner, Product Manager & Dave Call, Mobile Development Lead
- (2:01:49) KP Health Partner by Omar Arenas, Tech Lead
- (2:24:14) OptiKam Pad by Arthur Shanklin, Senior Systems Administrator Optical & Crystal Stone, Optician II – Optical Dispensing
- (2:34:46) Product Scan & iHub by Ryan McCormack, IT Consulting
- (2:58:25) KP Education Theatre by Anneliese Stauff, Assistant Production Manager
- (3:13:12) KLM Digital Casting by Dr. Sally Pham, Podiatry, MD (DPM)
Thank you for reading this article. Please take a minute to send us your questions or feedback about this submission at MCoE-Comms@kp.org. Let us know if you have a mobile themed topic or suggestion for upcoming editions of the MCoE Newsletter!
Visit the MCoE newsletter archives.
View our tech news archives.
MCoE partnership – Contact us
KAISER PERMANENTE exists to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
The MCoE (Mobility Center of Excellence) team exists to deliver complex mobile solutions through enterprise-wide engagements. We design, develop, certify, and deploy mobile apps for KP members, providers, and workforce.
Submit an MCoE intake form for access to app services, kits, and advice.
Email MCoE-Comms@kp.org to subscribe to our newsletter and ask about our tech-newsletter for developer partner updates.,