KP Mobile 5.11 Release
March 2023: Article by KP Mobile Team
As communicated in late December, majority of the KP Mobile Feature, Services, and Product Quality Engineering (PQE)/Systems Integration Testing (SIT) teams have undergone a vendor transition. The teams are going through a massive 10 squad transition including Android platform team along with Technical Product Owners(TPOs) and Program Management Offices (PMOs). During this transition and onboarding, despite all these challenges, we successfully released 5.11 with a rich feature list.
We are excited to let you know that the KP Mobile 5.11 Android and iOS releases have been successfully published to members on 03/09 & 03/10 respectively. This release contained a broad range of features and capabilities that further extend care and improve convenience for our members, including:
- Share Everywhere: Members can share their medical records with health care providers, chiropractors, physical therapists, etc. outside of KP, using ‘Share Everywhere’ feature. Also, with this feature the provider who views patient information can choose to write a note back to the patients’ health system to help keep the patient’s care team informed of the care provided
- Real Time Empanelment enhancement: SCAL members will be able to identify any specific health needs while using Real Time Empanelment for selecting Primary Care Physician
- SB137 enhancements for provider search and details: Enhanced search results and details to include additional information about PCPs, such as Trainings, Certifications, Medical Group Name, etc
- Faster ways to get care: Provide alternate care options and links to drive member self-service within the Message Center
- Compose message enhancements: Improvement to compose screen user interface
- Decommission ADA assessment from GCN flow
- NCAL Get Care Now: NCAL members will get On-demand virtual care when they are traveling outside of Northern California
- Wayfinding feature enhancements: Redesign and enhancements to WayFinding feature
- Hospital Stay Receive Care enhancements: Updated hospital stay RC card display logic for members during their hospital stay
- Geolocation experience enhancements:
- Enhanced for new versions of Android 12 & 13 devices utilizing Bluetooth Beacons and Location.
- Push notification has been updated to provide more accurate and timely information when member enters hospital facilities
- Updates made to ‘re-ask to setup geolocation reminders when member has chosen to “set-up later”, the first time
- Care tasks guidance when appointment scheduling is not applicable: More guidance is provided to the members where there is no online scheduling available for certain care tasks for certain regions
- Integration with Zoom: Introducing group visits and online health classes using Zoom platform
- Mail Order Charge and Approval (MOCA – Dark Deployed) – Enable members to update the payment method of their pharmacy order, for orders which had a payment issue. Will be enabled to CO region in early April, followed by other regions over time
- Auto-Refill Enhancements:
- Member will receive an SMS message after turning on auto-refill and will be able to use universal link to navigate to Medication List
- Tool tip enhancements
- Sign-on security enhancement: Introduction of Risk Adaptive Feature for authentication to provide better sign on experience without compromising security
- Change password using KP Mobile App
- Technical enhancements
- Defect fixes
Our appreciation to all teams who made this feature-packed release possible. For more details, including screenshots, please click here. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to KPMobileDeliveryTeam@KaiserPermanente.onmicrosoft.com.
Finally, please download the newest version of the KP Mobile App and send us your feedback.
On behalf of the KP Mobile App teams, stakeholders, and supporting partners, thank you for your continued support.
Email MCoE-Comms@kp.org to subscribe to our newsletter and ask about our tech-newsletter for developer partner updates.