KP Mobile 5.1 Released
September 2021: Article by KP Mobile Team
We are excited to let you know that the KP Mobile iOS and Android 5.1 release has been successfully published to members. This release contained a broad range of features and capabilities that further extend care and improve convenience for our members, including:
- Click to Chat: Completed redesign of the Click to Chat experience, allowing members in applicable regions to access both Clinical and Member Services chat types from a single entry point.
- Chat with Pharmacy: Provided capability in mobile app so that regions may enable this feature.
- Eyewear Prescriptions: Enabled the Epic feature in mobile My Medical Record for member and proxies.
- Health Encyclopedia: Added Health Encyclopedia links for Allergies, Immunizations, Test results, and Ongoing health conditions in My Medical Record.
- Update Phone number: Members can now update their phone number in mobile app.
- Paperless document delivery preference: Members can now set their paperless preference within My Premium Billing Statement as well as My Documents.
- Coverage & Cost Center: Improved the design. Now live in GA and NW.
- Benefit Summary: Fully-insured HMO plan members can now see the new Summary of Benefits released on kp.org in June.
- Pre-Visit: Appointment Detail redesign for Questionnaires, Video Visit Setup, and Medical Facility Information.
- Itinerary Reminder: Enabled push notification 2 hrs. prior to a Video Visit appointment for CO.
- [Dark Deployed] Click to Chat Expansion: Expanded capability to include New Member Desk and Appointment Scheduling for MAS (go-live Dec. 2021).
- [Dark Deployed] Home Screen Itinerary Updates: To inform member about one or more appointments today or tomorrow in CO. To increase visibility and engagement of pre-appointment content.
- [Dark Deployed] Home Screen Card A/B Testing: To test pre-visit task completions (Questionnaires, Express Check-in) by getting more members to the appointment detail page in CO.
- [Dark Deployed] Care Gaps: Expand on the on-premise offering to include Care Gaps and Rx ready for pickup, and linking to Personal Action Plan.
- Technical enhancements.
- Defect fixes.
For more details, including screenshots, please visit KP Mobile 5.1 Release notes.
Please download the new version and send us your feedback at KP-Mobile-Release-Train-Engineers@kp.org
Thank you for reading this article. Please take a minute to send us your questions or feedback about this submission at MCoE-Comms@kp.org. Let us know if you have a mobile themed topic or suggestion for upcoming editions of the MCoE Newsletter!
Visit the MCoE newsletter archives.
View our tech news archives.
MCoE partnership – Contact us
KAISER PERMANENTE exists to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
The MCoE (Mobility Center of Excellence) team exists to deliver complex mobile solutions through enterprise-wide engagements. We design, develop, certify, and deploy mobile apps for KP members, providers, and workforce.
Submit an MCoE intake form for access to app services, kits, and advice.
Email MCoE-Comms@kp.org to subscribe to our newsletter and ask about our tech-newsletter for developer partner updates.